Per the Family Handbook, we ask students to follow the school dress code.
School-wide Dress Code: ASB students are expected to come to school with proper dress and accessories. Clothing is expected to be appropriate for an educational environment and respectful towards other students and teachers. Students wearing clothing or accessories determined to be distracting, insulting, socially abusive, or overly provocative may be removed from classes. Hats and sunglasses may not be worn inside the school building. Parents are urged to be aware of their child’s dress. While there is no uniform, students are expected to wear sports clothing during their PE classes.
The following garments are NOT acceptable at ASB:
- Short skirts, dresses, or shorts that do not extend down mid-thigh. (Skirts, dresses, and shorts are expected to be of a reasonable length, including if leggings or tights are worn);
- Tube tops, spaghetti strap tanks, halter tops and strapless dresses;
- Clothing that reveals the back or midriff, including when arms are raised;
- Apparel that exposes the body below the armpits;
- Clothing that makes undergarments visible, including see-through or mesh garments;
- Hats, caps, hoods and/or sunglasses are essential for sun protection, however, they should not be worn inside the school building.